DIgSILENT PowerFactory provides an all-in-one software solution to power system analysis needs, including high-end and new technological requirements. This unique software allows for cost efficient data handling, modelling and functionality thereby promoting highly-optimised workflows.
In PowerFactory 2017, a range of improvements have been made to the handling and data management with a series of additional convenience functions, improved modelling flexibility and enhanced capabilities of various analysis functions. PowerFactory 2017 also comes with a series of enhancements to the network diagrams and graphic representation tools. Key product highlights include among others:
- Enhanced Diagram Layout Tool for auto-drawing of feeders and branches, protection device layout, as well as auto-layout of site and substation diagrams
- Various new and enhanced power equipment models (harmonic filters, busbar trunking systems, voltage regulator, 4-winding transformer, and power frequency control using merit order)
- Unbalanced Feeder Load Scaling
- New Protection Audit validation tool for protection settings and configurations
- Extension of failure models and power restoration strategies for Reliability Analysis
- IEC 61400-27-1 interface for external dynamic models
More information on PowerFactory 2017 can be found in the document “PowerFactory 2017 – What’s New”, which is also available for download.
DIgSILENT has released the second service pack for PowerFactory 2017, which includes a number of improvements and is now available from the DIgSILENT Download Area for registered users with a valid maintenance agreement in place.