To do this:
- Place the *.dll file in the DIgSILENT installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\DIgSILENT\PowerFactory 2017)
- Create in the Data Manger (under Network Model\Network Data\Grid) a new Object called “ComDllmanager”. See Figure 1 for an example.
- Click OK and a DLL Manager dialog box will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Select the correct DLL type (ExDyn DLL or ExFun DLL) and Load for Action
- Click Execute, and check the output window for the successful message.
- If you want to see which DLL files were loaded, you can double click on the created DLL Manager and click Report.
Figure 2 – Selection of the correct DLL type in PowerFactory’s DLL manager.
PowerFactory 2017: For wind farms, it is now possible to directly interface with external models compliant with IEC 61400-27-1 Annex F specifications. Provided these external models are appropriately designed and intended for RMS and EMT simulations then they can be used in PowerFactory 2017.
More information on PowerFactory 2017 can be found in the document “PowerFactory 2017 – What’s New”, which is available from the Download Area.