What makes PowerFactory unique?There are many commercial packages available that can address most power system analysis problems. However, these packages differ considerably in their integration, result validity and computational efficiency. This is due to a variety of approaches employed to incorporate the following software requirements:
- General software package design;
- Data structures and redundancy;
- Precise object definition;
- Mathematical formulation;
- Solution techniques;
- Programming and maintainability;
- Man-machine communication structures, techniques and compatibility
- Versatility; and
- Functional interaction.
Functional IntegrationDIgSILENT PowerFactory software is implemented as a single executable program, and is fully Windows XP and Vista compatible. The programming method employed allows for a fast 'walk around' of the execution environment, and eliminates the need to reload modules and update or transfer results between different program applications. As an example, the power-flow, fault analysis, and harmonic load-flow analysis tools can be executed sequentially without resetting the program, enabling additional software modules and engines or reading external data files.
Total integration is our key concept for fast and reliable development of future generations of the PowerFactory software.
Vertically IntegratedA special feature of the DIgSILENT PowerFactory software is the unique vertically integrated model concept. This allows models to be shared for all analysis functions and more importantly, for categories of analysis, such as 'Generation', 'Transmission', 'Distribution' and 'Industrial'. No longer are separate software engines required to analyze separate aspects of the power system, as DIgSILENT PowerFactory can accommodate everything within one integrated database.
Database IntegrationDIgSILENT PowerFactory provides optimal organization of data required for performing any type of calculation, memorization of settings or software operation options. There is no need for tedious organization of several files for defining the various analysis aspects. The PowerFactory database environment fully integrates all data required for defining cases, scenarios, single-line graphics, outputs, run conditions, calculation options, graphics, user-defined models, etc.
- Single Database Concept: all data for standard and advanced functions is organized in a single, integrated database. This concept is applied also for graphics, variations, study case definitions, outputs, run conditions, calculation options, fault sequences, monitoring messages and user-defined models.
- Multi-User Operation: support of multi-user database server operation with the definition of access rights, user accounting, auditing and data sharing.
Variations and Operation Scenarios: In DIgSILENT PowerFactory, project and study case development is a unique application of the object-oriented software principle. DIgSILENT PowerFactory has taken an innovative approach and introduced a structure that is easy to use, avoids data redundancy, and simplifies the task of data management and validation for users and organizations. Additionally, the application of study cases and project variations in PowerFactory facilitates efficient and reliable reproduction of study results.
Supported PowerFactory Functions
- Balanced and unbalanced power flow;
- Fault analysis;
- Harmonics, Frequency scans;
- RMS Stability;
- EMT simulations for three, two and single phase AC systems and DC systems;
- Protection simulation and co-ordination;
- Distribution, transmission and generation reliability;
- Small signal analysis (eigenvalues);
- Static and dynamic voltage stability;
- Active and reactive power dispatch;
- State estimation;
- Open tie optimization, optimal capacitor placement, cable sizing;
- Built-in automation interface (DPL),
- ODBC driver, interfaces for GIS and SCADA integration; PSS/E compatibility...
For more detailed information on PowerFactory please visit the website of DIgSILENT GmbH
For information about pricing please contact us.