What makes PowerFactory unique?
There are many
commercial packages available that can address most power system analysis problems.
However, these packages differ considerably in their integration, result validity and
computational efficiency. This is due to a variety of approaches employed to incorporate
the following software requirements:
- General software package design;
- Data structures and redundancy;
- Precise object definition;
- Mathematical formulation;
- Solution techniques;
- Programming and maintainability;
- Man-machine communication structures, techniques and compatibility
- Versatility; and
- Functional interaction.
DIgSILENT PowerFactory takes a 'state of the art' approach to addressing these issues.
It comes with a number of advanced features designed to provide flexibility and the best
possible user support and quality assurance mechanisms.
DIgSILENT PowerFactory software is implemented as a single executable program, and is
fully Windows XP and Vista compatible. The programming method employed allows for a fast
'walk around' of the execution environment, and eliminates the need to reload modules
and update or transfer results between different program applications. As an example,
the power-flow, fault analysis, and harmonic load-flow analysis tools can be executed
sequentially without resetting the program, enabling additional software modules and
engines or reading external data files.
Total integration is our key concept for fast and reliable development of future
generations of the PowerFactory software.
A special feature of the DIgSILENT PowerFactory software is the unique vertically
integrated model concept. This allows models to be shared for all analysis functions
and more importantly, for categories of analysis, such as 'Generation', 'Transmission',
'Distribution' and 'Industrial'. No longer are separate software engines required to
analyze separate aspects of the power system, as DIgSILENT PowerFactory can accommodate
everything within one integrated database.
DIgSILENT PowerFactory provides optimal organization of data required for performing any
type of calculation, memorization of settings or software operation options. There is no
need for tedious organization of several files for defining the various analysis aspects.
The PowerFactory database environment fully integrates all data required for defining
cases, scenarios, single-line graphics, outputs, run conditions, calculation options,
graphics, user-defined models, etc.
- Single Database Concept: all data for standard and advanced functions is
organized in a single, integrated database. This concept is applied also for
graphics, variations, study case definitions, outputs, run conditions, calculation
options, fault sequences, monitoring messages and user-defined models.
- Multi-User Operation: support of multi-user database server operation with the
definition of access rights, user accounting, auditing and data sharing.
Variations and Operation Scenarios: In DIgSILENT PowerFactory, project and study case
development is a unique application of the object-oriented software principle. DIgSILENT
PowerFactory has taken an innovative approach and introduced a structure that is easy to
use, avoids data redundancy, and simplifies the task of data management and validation
for users and organizations. Additionally, the application of study cases and project variations
in PowerFactory facilitates efficient and reliable reproduction of study results.
Supported PowerFactory Functions
- Balanced and unbalanced power flow;
- Fault analysis;
- Harmonics, Frequency scans;
- RMS Stability;
- EMT simulations for three, two and single phase AC systems and DC systems;
- Protection simulation and co-ordination;
- Distribution, transmission and generation reliability;
- Small signal analysis (eigenvalues);
- Static and dynamic voltage stability;
- Active and reactive power dispatch;
- State estimation;
- Open tie optimization, optimal capacitor placement, cable sizing;
- Built-in automation interface (DPL),
- ODBC driver, interfaces for GIS and SCADA integration; PSS/E compatibility...
For more detailed information on PowerFactory please visit the website of
For information about pricing please contact us.